SCOPE OF POLICY AND TERMS
- PesaKit mobile application software (“PesaKit App”) hosted on Google Play Store and available on our site.
- Any of the services and products available through the PesaKit App or available on our site (“Services”).
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect, use, and share customer information directly, from a person acting on your behalf, or from other sources (including credit reference bureaus and publicly available information). This information may include:
- Information that you provide to us about you or your business generated by filling in the PesaKit App registration form on PesaKit App or on our site.
- Information that you provide by corresponding with us, our partners, or representatives for example by chat, e-mail, or phone calls.
- Information that you provide by using any of our Services (for example, requesting a loan, sharing information and data through social media, reporting a problem with the PesaKit App, our site, or our services, entering into a survey, promotion or a competition.
This information may include your name, postal address, physical address, age, e-mail address, phone number, username, password, and any other information collected including your photograph, personal description, and credit and financial information.
Information we may collect from you and your device:
- Type of the mobile device you use to access our Services, unique mobile device identifiers (including the device’s serial number or IMEI), SIM card information, mobile network information, your mobile device operating system, and your mobile device’s geographical location.
- Information stored on your mobile device including SMS logs call logs, photos, videos, or other digital content.
- Data from your use of any third-party application on your mobile device or our site.
- Details on your use of the PesaKit App or your visits to our site including location data, weblogs, traffic data and any other communication data.
Location information we may collect:
We may use GPS technology or any other available location services to identify and determine your current location. You can withdraw your consent to the collection, processing or use of this information at any time by logging out of the PesaKit App and uninstalling the PesaKit App from your mobile device.
Third Party Information (Information we may receive from any other sources)
We are required to work with third parties to provide you the service including mobile network providers, collection agencies and credit reference bureaus and we may receive, process, and use information about you from them.
Unique Application Numbers:
When you install or uninstall a Service containing a unique application number or when such a Service searches for automatic updates, that number and information about your installation, for example, the type of operating system, may be sent to us.
We may send you push notifications through the PesaKit App to send you transaction-related notifications, new services and products, and marketing messages. PesaKit and our third party service providers, including analytics providers and marketing partners may use website cookies and/or mobile tracking technologies to differentiate and distinguish you from other users of the PesaKit App or our site. This enables us to continually improve your experience through continued improvement of the PesaKit App and our site. We may also use analytics tools to analyze the use of the PesaKit App and our services. You may withdraw your consent from accessing your information in the future by uninstalling the PesaKit App from your mobile device. We may keep and/or share your stored information after you have installed the PesaKit App from your mobile device for a period not longer than necessary for the sole fulfilment of the purposes for which your information was collected or for the defense, exercise or establishment of legal claims, as permitted by the governing laws, or for legitimate business purposes.
OUR USE OF THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
We may collect, process, and use your information for the following purposes:
- To verify your identity
- To process your transactions
- To qualify your registration
- To analyze customer behavior
- To disburse loans and collect payments
- To perform credit scoring and build credit models
- To allow our partners to provide and fulfill their obligations to you
- To allow PesaKit to fulfil its obligations to you
- To allow PesaKit to fulfil its obligations to its partners
- To enhance user experience
- To troubleshoot problems with the PesaKit App and/or our site
- To comply with the governing laws, rules, and regulations, such as those relating to anti-money laundering (AML) requirements and Know your customer (KYC).
- To detect, prevent, and curb fraud or any other illegal uses of the PesaKit App, our site, or the Services
- To send you transaction data, service updates, marketing messages, and promotional offers.
HOW WE USE AND SHARE INFORMATION
We may use the information collected in the following ways:
- Save in compliance with an order of the Court, Arbitral Panel, Tribunal, Regulatory Directive or Order of any other legal or regulatory obligation, we do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to other parties, but we may share limited personal information for research and development. We may also provide other parties with anonymous aggregate information about our users (for example, the percentage gender quantification of our users).
We may share information to the following recipients:
- Any associate or member of PesaKit, service providers, agents, or subcontractors (including but not limited to their officers, employees, and directors).
- Credit reference bureaus or financial institutions for the purposes of obtaining and providing credit references.
- Any third party organizations to whom we provide referrals or introductions.
- Third party service providers under legal contract with PesaKit that enable us to provide the Service to you and in our business operations including fraud prevention, and/ or transaction processing.
- Government officials, law enforcement, or any other third parties in any of the following scenarios: court order, formal request, and/or when we believe that information disclosure is necessary to comply with the law.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION AND DATA
YOUR RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS
You agree to inform PesaKit in writing of any changes to your information and your business information within 30 days.