We empower MOBILE MONEY AGENTS and MERCHANTS across Africa to GROW & PROSPER.
Pesakit aims to build a network of mobile money agents in Africa who can serve as a distribution channel for a variety of digital financial services so that underserved populations across the continent have better access to the services they need.
Are you seeking to be part of a great vision that propels the economic empowerment of mobile money agents?
We are looking for a credit officer to screen loan requests, evaluate clients’ financial information, assess risk ratios, and present approved or rejected loans to management.
We are seeking a senior full-stack software engineer who will not only be responsible for designing and developing the back-end of the PesaKit platform but will also be tasked with integrating front-end components into the database. Due to the collaborative nature of our company, the ideal candidate must possess strong communication skills in order to efficiently and effectively work with other members of the engineering, product, and design teams to deliver valuable financial services features to our customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle;
- Participate in the development of a web platform;
- Participate in the development of RESTful web services;
- Participate in the testing, deployment, maintenance, troubleshooting, and debugging of various systems;
- Participate in installing and maintaining server environments to host applications;
- Create user manuals and other relevant documentation for software;
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency;
- Develop and deploy new features to facilitate related procedures and tools if necessary
Qualifications and Skills
- A Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, IT, or comparable experience
- Solid experience working with PHP, the most recent Laravel version, and SOLID Principle, as well as other web frameworks
- Demonstrated proficiency in API service management (REST and SOAP), OOP (Object-oriented Programming), and MVC
- Proven familiarity with unit testing technologies
- Solid working understanding of database architecture and query optimization (MySQL, MS SQL, and PostgreSQL)
- Working knowledge of server technologies (Apache, Nginx, PHP-FPM) and cloud servers (Azure, AWS, Linode, Digital Ocean, Rackspace, etc.)
- Superior communication and problem-solving abilities
- Proven experience in complex system design for large SW development projects;
- Experience integrating third-party APIs;
- Passion for best design and coding practices and a desire to develop new bold ideas;
- Ability to work independently and remotely
- Organizational skills and detail-oriented;
- Experience working with a team;
- Excellent verbal and written skills;
- Ability to learn new technologies;
- Ability to work to deadlines and as a team member;
- Ability to communicate thoughts clearly to the team;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to break complex problems into parts and solve them;
- A basic understanding of Digital Ocean is an added advantage.
To apply for this job email your details to Lynnette@pesakit.co.ke