Website PesaKit Limited
We empower MOBILE MONEY AGENTS and MERCHANTS across Africa to GROW & PROSPER.
Pesakit aims to build a network of mobile money agents in Africa who can serve as a distribution channel for a variety of digital financial services so that underserved populations across the continent have better access to the services they need.
Are you seeking to be part of a great vision that propels economic empowerment of mobile money agents?
We are looking for a credit officer to screen loan requests, evaluate clients’ financial information, assess risk ratios, and present approved or rejected loans to management.
Credit Officer responsibilities include preparing loan applications, evaluating clients’ financial information and calculating risk ratios. To be successful in this role, you should have a good understanding of lending procedures and customer service experience.
Ultimately, you will help our clients acquire loans in a timely manner, while ensuring we comply with the law.
- Conduct thorough assessment of credit requests, including new requests, renewals, extensions,modifications and due diligence of applicants to determine credit worthiness;
- Processes loan applications and evaluate credit worthiness based on credit ratings
- Provide recommendations tied to analysis and assessment of credit risk;
- Effectively monitor loan portfolio for revenue opportunities and/or loan exposures;
- Monitor and update company credit policy to optimize for company risk, profitability, and growth targets;
- Maintain knowledge of the company’s loans and policies , update documentation as and when requested
- Monitor loan portfolio quality based on loan portfolio metrics and KPIs on an ongoing basis and share loan portfolio updates and analysis
- Collaborate with customer success team and customers to modify and/or restructure existing loans as needed
- Works with clients through the process to build trust and provide customer service through working relationship
- Collaborate with data science and engineering teams to develop visualizations, models to support analysis of risk and appraisal of new and existing credit applications.
- Review the credit process and make recommendations to management based on identified trends.
- 1-2 years of experience working in the loans industry
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or a related field preferred. A diploma in credit management will be an added advantage.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.