Website PesaKit Limit
We empower MOBILE MONEY AGENTS and MERCHANTS across Africa to GROW & PROSPER.
Pesakit aims to build a network of mobile money agents in Africa who can serve as a distribution channel for a variety of digital financial services so that underserved populations across the continent have better access to the services they need.
Are you seeking to be part of a great vision that propels economic empowerment of mobile money agents?
We are looking for an accountant to manage all financial transactions, from fixed payments and variable expenses to bank deposits and budgets.
Accountant’s responsibilities include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures. A successful accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts. The ideal candidate has also experience collaborating and/or managing a team of accountants and junior Accountants.
Accountant duties also include ensuring accuracy and effectiveness in all of our accounting tasks.
- Manage and track all the company’s accounting transactions on the company’s accounting Software.
- Conduct bank and cash reconciliations.
- Support in developing and improving the company’s financial policies and regulations;
- Support in developing financial forecasts to inform product and operational strategies of the Company;
- Performing basic office tasks, such as filing of documents and data entry etc.
- Maintain, manage and record daily financial transactions and maintains accurate ledgers
- Verify accuracy of transactions and make sure they’re correctly entered in the general ledgers
- Support in preparation of monthly management accounts , annual accounts and annual budget.
- Prepare budget forecasts and track actual expenses to inform the variance
- Support in performing internal audit financial transactions to establish credibility in the company’s financial data
- Support in analyzing current and past financial data to identify trends and prepare reports or presentations to communicate the company’s financial performance.
- Support in preparing audit reports for the external auditors at the end of the year.
- Reinforce financial data confidentiality.
- 2-3 years of experience as an accountant.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field with Cpa/Acca.
- Skilled in using Quickbooks accounting software.
- Possesses an eye for attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Integrity; a position that requires one to maintain an entire organization’s financial records.
- Knowledge of necessary bookkeeping procedures, best practices, and terminology.
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.